Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Candidate must be graduate or post graduate in life science.
- 5-8 Years of experience in medical coding with minimum 2 years of experience in Spinal Surgery speciality.
- CPC /CIC/COC certification from AAPC.
- Exposure to CPT-4, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding.
- Certified Ambulatory Surgery Center Coder (CASCC) certification candidates will get high preference.
- Good knowledge in medical terminology, Human Anatomy and Physiology is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems, regulatory requirements, auditing concepts, and principles.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Perform a variety of activities involving the coding of medical records by ascribing accurate diagnosis and CPT codes as per ICD-10 and CPT-4 systems of coding.
- Perform Coding for records pertaining to surgeries performed with 100% accuracy and as per turnaround time requirements.
- Exceeds the productivity standards for Medical Coding for Surgery – as per the productivity norms for ASC, inpatient and/or specialty specific outpatient coding standards.
- Maintains high degree of professional and ethical standards.
- Focuses on continuous improvement by working on projects that enables customers to arrest revenue leakage while being in compliance with the standards.
- Focuses on updating coding skills, knowledge, and accuracy by participating in coding team meetings and educational conferences.
- Ability to handle protected health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA).